We have two ways of integrating with Outlook, both are different and produce different reporting data. Below are the differences between the two to help you decide what's the best option for you.
Standard Outlook - Guide
- Survey is applied automatically to the email as the survey is embedded within the signature section of Outlook
- Recipient data is anonymous unless the recipient enters their email address on the Thank you page via the email capture tool
- Sender data is collected by creating individual surveys per sender from the same Thermometer
- Manual process to embed the survey into each sender's signature within Outlook
- Please review our guide here for further information on how we capture the recipient and sender details via Outlook.
O365 Add-in - Guide
- Survey is manually added to the email each time by hitting the 'insert survey' button in the add-in - this is how the identifiable data is collected automatically.
- Collects recipient and sender data automatically
- Add-in can be deployed automatically to all senders needed via O365 Admin rollout (guide)
- The add-in does not function on all versions of Outlook 365 or shared mailboxes therefore, please ensure you test the add-in works for your team before committing to a live rollout.
- The add-in does not capture data if used in a shared mailbox