Create your ConstantContact Embedded Thermometer
Once logged in to Customer Thermometer head to Thermometers > Add new Thermometer > Marketing > Select ConstantContact
The next step is building your survey. You can follow our steps here if you'd like further instructions on this.
To capture identifiable data such as the recipient’s name, company etc we use Constant Contact's variables within the survey code. We pre-populate some of Constant Contact's variables for you as shown below but you can add more into the spare custom fields if you wish (click ‘Add more fields’).
These pieces of identifiable data are then captured alongside the Customer Thermometer rating within your reporting.
Once you've finished designing your Thermometer go to step 5 Generate your survey.
Click the 'Copy to clipboard' button which will copy your survey HTML to embed within ConstantContact.
Embedding your survey into Constant Contact
The below steps are for Constant Contact Pro users.
1. The last step of the builder will provide you with your survey HTML to embed within Constant Contact.
2. Open up your Constant Contact instance and navigate to Campaigns > choose an existing template or create a brand new one.
- Click the Rows tab in your drag and drop editor.
- Select your preferred Row block and drag it into your template. In most cases the single, full width block, is best, but the split blocks are great for adding product recs with easy formatting.
- The empty block is now in your template. Click the Content tab.
- Drag the HTML block into your Row block.
- Click anywhere in the new HTML block. The Content tab is automatically selected.
- Under the Content Properties section, this is where you can then add your HTML code.
Your survey should then appear within your campaign.
All feedback responses will generate identifiable feedback ratings and be stored inside your account.